Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

50's with a twist...

So everyone knows my desire to be the quintessential 50's housewife.  (sans martini to the hubs as he comes in the door) but I'm also doing it with a twist.  The 50's were all about convenience foods.  I'm not into that much processed foods.  (MSG gives me massive headaches) and I frankly like raw foods.  Now, I'm not going to go all nutty on you- that's on my other blog:  here.  I AM, however, going to let you in on a secret- when Charlie and I get stationed at our new place, I plan on gardening.  Not just pretty flowers, but serious veggie gardening.

I may or may not devote an entire blog to that, or I'll just keep labeling it so you can follow along if you'd like.  As I have NO CLUE how much space I'll have or what grows best in the climate we'll be in, I'll have to make decisions a little later; when we move.  Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out what, when and where.  I DO know I'll have raised beds though for higher yield gardening.

Man I'm excited!

Oh, I'm also going to make myself a collection of awesome retro dresses and tons of circle skirts to pair with my button down shirts.  Basically, I'm going to retro myself up.  I like it, though I don't want to do it all "costumey".  I'm not looking for poodle skirts, but basic retro inspired looks, and since I'm handy with a needle, bring them on! :)

one of my favorite day-time dresses is this.  Is this NOT the best for basic around-the-house/ going-to-market type wear?  I LOVE it, and I'm going to make at least 7 of them.  http://butterick.mccall.com/b4790-products-6089.php?page_id=371  It's just too stinking cute, and oh- SUPER easy to sew.

BUT I'm not going to make any until after I've had the baby, and I"ll have to figure out how to adapt it for nursing... hmmm.  We shall see, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment