Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saving my sanity, one dish at a time.

So, my most vile, hated, loathed, abominated and despised chore is doing the dishes.  It wouldn't be half as bad if I had a working dishwasher.  sigh.  I don't, unfortunately.  well, it technically works, it just leaves sand and grit all over the "clean" dishes.  Don't know about you- but drinking oj and sandpaper... not my cup of tea. 

I am saving my sanity though.  After just having a baby 3 weeks ago on 1/14/11, I have let a few things slide, like cleaning, and laundry, and sanity.  I think that my sanity disappears easily because not only do I home school, nurse a newborn and run a home, I also do odd crafting jobs for money.  I'm currently working on wedding invitations and favors for a friend- I know, I'm awesome.  I'm exhausted, but I"m awesome.

Anyhoo- I have found a way to save some sanity, as well as some money while doing dishes.  I have to use a "special" soap for dishes because my hands break out with just about everything.  Litterally, they blister and crack and ache for days.  Well, I don't know about you, but I use my hands to do darn near everything.  You want to know what it is?

It's my household miracle product.  Baking soda.  Add 1-2T to your water before you add the soap.  GUESS waht lasts longer?  yup, the soapy suds AND it also helps to soften your hands!  aaah, no more blisters (yay sanity!) and less soap used!  (yay, wallet!)   Not to mention it has this uncanny ability to take out weird smells, so if you have some plastic wear, like rubbermaid, tupperware, or even glad containers, it helps to take out the accumulative funky odors out of it!

I love baking soda. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment