Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sometimes, and investment is worth it.

I'm going to talk a little girly here.  Well, the subject is about an investment, however the topic of the subject is makeup.  huh?  what?  trust me on this.  I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Okay, so my foundation alone costs around $45.  it has, however, lasted me 2 years.  It's a mineral powder foundation and I have to tell you- I put makeup on nearly every day, and it's lasted.  assume I put makeup on 300 out of 365 days a year.  this foundation has lasted me 2 years.  so... 600 days.  600 divided by 45 is around 13 cents a day.  Now, I still have 1/2 a container left of this particular foundation.  which means, my $45 investment will cost me when I'm done, about 6.5 cents a makeup application.

Now, what do I mean by all of this?  Well, 1- 10 cents a day to make up your face (I'm including other makeup like mascara and eyeliner/shadow, lipstick etc) will do a WORLD of wonder for your attitude, and 2- sometimes paying more in the beginning for something long-term.  It's always cheaper to pay for 6 months of car insurance than per month; even cheaper to buy the year in advance.

Most of you know I'm a cloth diaper mama.  Well, I will be as soon as my stash is back up.  In fact, I only have a few more covers to make and I'll be off the disposables permanently.  (unless he gets really sick or something.)  Well, CDing costs on average $3300 less than using disposables.  It's an investment that pays off in the long-run.

What investments are you staring at lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment