Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2014

Sinus infection gone in 5 days!! Russian Tea!!

Hello Divas!

I'm usually the one who carries a sinus infection for about 3 weeks.  Yes, I'm taking vitamins for my pregnancy but I've had sinus infections that linger even with those.  How did I do it?

Well, I've been drinking my version of "Russian Tea".  (Please know that the FDA hasn't said jack about this product -or concoction!- healing, yada yada yada.  no actual healing statements are being made.  If worse comes to worse, enjoy the tea, it's yummy!)

2 c. tang.
1 c. pre-sweetened lemonade.
1 c. lemon flavored pre-sweetened tea.  (I used Walmart's brand Great Value for both the lemonade and the tea)
2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves


Fair warning, this is some SWEET tea!  but you only use 3 teaspoons in a mug of boiling water.  You can obviously adjust the taste.

But I think it was the overload of the vitamin c and the cinnamon that truly knocked it out of me.  You can ask my friends who came over (and my hubby who gave it to me!) I was in bad shape.  Not a fun way to be while 7 months pregnant.  But, seriously- 5 days ago my face was going to explode just below my right eye, and now- all is well!  I am attributing it to this because like I said before, the prenatals didn't usually help, but this?  HELLO!

Oh, and this tea cost me about $5 to make.  A trip to the doctor for some antibiotics that wouldn't have worked anyway- way more than $5!  Pretty savvy in my book.  (Again, I'm not giving you medical advice, do what you want to your own body at your own risk.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment