Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

crock pot cooking.

So, today is day two in my husband's old house.  It's supposed to be day 3, so my crock pot has gotten it's workout for the week, and I have to say that I'm loving coming home to a prepared meal, that while I cooked it, it didn't use the last little bit of energy I had for the day.

yesterday was stuffed cabbage.  I'm told I can't give you that recipe because it's a family secret.  we'll see.  I may add it later.  Today is chicken burritos.  I put 3 large chicken breasts (would have used 4, but they filled the bottom of my pot, so that's all I needed)  2 cups of minute rice, 2 packs of taco seasoning, 1 can of red kidney beans (would have used black beans, but didn't have them in the pantry) 2 cups of frozen corn, and 5 cups of water.  6 ingredients, cooked on low, thrown on a tortilla at the end of the day, it's going to be amazing!  clean up couldn't be easier either.  there aren't 30 pots and pans to wash, all you have is your prep stuff and that can be taken care of as soon as you're done putitng your ingredients into the crock pot!  easy peasy lemon squeezy!

For us working girls (I'm a SAHM, but the next two weeks I am working outside of the home!) it's easy to throw some food into the the crock pot so it simmers all day, hits you when you walk in the door with it's delicious smells, and all you have to do.  dinner clean up is the crock pot, and whatever dishes you dirty.  HOW EASY IS THAT?!

this is not only savvy (the crock pot takes less electricity than the oven!) but it's a SUPER smart use of your time!!

Divas- send me in your crock pot recipes!  I want to share them, and test them out myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment